Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tokyo, Japan: Takazawa

I learned about Aronia de Takazawa after reading this article from the Wall Street Journal. It was a two seat restaurant located behind the Sanyo building in Akasaka. Aronia de Takazawa closed earlier this year and reopened as Takazawa in May. The restaurant now accommodates at its maximum capacity of 10 seats.

For years I was intrigued by this small restaurant. As soon as I booked my flight to Tokyo, this was the first reservation I made. Unfortunately, the restaurant didn't take reservations until up to 2 months in advanced. I had to wait 4 months to make a reservation which was probably the longest wait I had to endure for any restaurant. The wait was worth it because I was not disappointed.

The menu consists of dishes created by Chef Takazawa from previous menus. Sort of like the greatest hits of Chef Takazawa. The wine program was superb but we opted to do a partial wine tasting as I get full easily with wine.

Amuse Bouche

Salmon Roe and Rice

 
Ratatouille (2005)

Vegetable Parfait (2011) 

Pucchin Pudding (2009)

Powdery Dressing (2006) 

Candleholder (2007)

 Hot Balloon (2008)

Dinner in the Forest - Wagyu (2009) 

Macadamia Nut (2009) 

My favorite Japanese wine - Clateau Mercian (2008)

Takazawa's Special Blue Cheese (2011) 

 Petite Fours

 Espresso

I'm glad I found the WSJ article as Takazawa was able to deliver a unique experience like no other. The intimate setting along with whimsical dishes shows that you don't need to have three Michelin stars to have a great meal.

Takasawa
3-5-2 Akasaka Building 2F
Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan
http://www.takazawa-y.co.jp

0 comments:

Post a Comment