Monday, June 21, 2010

Las Vegas: Restaurant Guy Savoy

My final dinner outing during my birthday weekend extravaganza was at Restaurant Guy Savoy at Caesar Palace. Given this is Chef Guy Savoy's only U.S. outlet, it was a perfect spot to end my two-week foodie marathon. Once we arrived, we were greeted by Chef Guy Savoy's son, Franck Savoy. He's such a charismatic man and knowledged my birthday as well as the Gucci shopping bag that I was carrying with me (I couldn't help myself but shop before dinner).

As we were seated, I noticed a stark contrast in decor and atmosphere from Joel Robuchon. The room was sleek and modern yet warm and welcoming. I liked how the tables were well spaced from other tables where I can have a conversation with Hubs without worrying about other diners hearing our conversation. At Joel Robuchon, it was so quiet you can hear a pin drop.

The menu: OMG. I got over sticker shock ever since my first tasting at Alinea. The a la carte menu at Guy Savoy makes you want to check your credit line. Seriously, it was so freakin' expensive. I was so not ready for the restaurant's crown jewel, the 10-course Menu Prestige ($290 per person), but the Menu Elegance ($190) didn't fit my fancy. So we did the unthinkable. We ordered from the a la carte menu where the cheapest appetizer was $40 and entree was $75+. Holy crap! I figured: It's my birthday, we're in Vegas, we only live once.

Canapé: "French Club"
Brioche and foie gras.

Glassware: Candle, salted and unsalted butter, fleur de lys, and pepper.

Black pepper-rosemary forcaccia bread


Another elaborate bread cart at Guy Savoy but the bread loaves are even more impressive. Since there was so much to choose from, the bread server suggested a bread pairing to go with our meal.

Amuse Bouche: Butternut Squash Soup
Under the cup was hamachi with basil and basil flower, garnished with salmon egg.

Artichoke and Black Truffle Soup - $68
Artichoke soup with black truffles, slices of black truffle and Parmesan shavings.

Bread pairing: Toasted Mushroom Brioche and Black Truffle Butter
Layered brioche with mushrooms, spread with truffle butter.

Oysters in Ice Gelée - $40

American Prime Beef Tenderloin and Paleron “à la Française” - $75

Crispy Sea Bass with Delicate Spices - $95
Thick filet of sea bass grilled whole with skin.

Bread pairing: Lemon bread

Dessert from the dessert cart - $25
Assortments of ice cream, sorbets, conserves and traditional biscuits.




Afterthoughts: Restaurant Guy Savoy does not disappoint. The menu was simple with flavorful dishes like the Artichoke and Black Truffle Soup. I loved dipping the toasted mushroom brioche into the soup. I felt like I was at home enjoying my favorite comfort food. The service was flawless and unpretentious. Franck Savoy's warmth and humor flows effortlessly throughout the dining room making each diner feel welcomed. Even the bread server was humorous with his French accent, "Want more bread?". Yes, this meal was expensive but it was well worth it. By the time we left, sticker shock was an afterthought and I was content with my meal.

Restaurant Guy Savoy
Caesars Palace Las Vegas
3570 Las Vegas Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89109-8924
877.346.4642

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello!! I visited this blog throughout my search for some best Las Vegas restaurants. I was wondering if you can help and suggest me which location is best.

Laraib said...

Awsome detailed blog
try to reached out
best bachelor party hotel in LA

Post a Comment