Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Nespresso: Dharkan vs. Kazaar


Last weekend, I picked up the latest Grand Crus which is now a part of the permanent line, Dharkan and Kazaar. Dharkan's capsule is a dark green while Kazaar is a navy blue. I compared the Kazaar capsules from the Limited Edition and it's the same color.

This is what sets Nespresso apart from other capsule machines...crema.

 
I don't understand why more fine dining establishments don't use Nespresso machines. The coffee is pretty darn good. Plus, the crema is perfection.
 
with half & half
 
Dharkan - 11 intensity
Long roasted with hints of bitter cocoa powder and toasted cereals
 
with half & half
 
Kazaar - 12 intensity
Powerful bitterness and notes of pepper, nutmeg and cloves
 
While I have a fondness for Kazaar (right), the bitterness is a bit much for me. I would prefer to drink Dharkan (left) on a daily basis. Kazaar should be reserved for a day when you have to make that power presentation or need a pick me up for a long distance cycling ride.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Did you compare and taste a difference between the older limited edition Kazaar, and the new 2013 standard Kazaar?

I think the LE was more chocolatey, low-acid and "round". The 2013 one features pepper, and is strong, even a bit harsh. Would you confirm?

Thanks & regards

Unknown said...

Congratulation for the great post. Those who come to read your Information will find lots of helpful and informative tips. White tea nespresso

Post a Comment