Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Tokyo, Japan: L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon

It's no surprise that any Joel Robuchon restaurant will be on my dining agenda. Hubs and I have dined at his restaurants in Las Vegas, Monaco, Singapore and now Tokyo. Japan has the most Robuchon establishments than any other country, even France (he has restaurants in 9 countries).

I chose the L'Atelier restaurant because I was too lazy to dress up for the ultra elegant Le Chateau de Robuchon in Ebisu. To be honest, I enjoy restaurants where there is no dress code.

L'Atelier is similar to all of the other locations around the world. I think the Tokyo restaurant is by far the largest compared to Las Vegas and Singapore. It seems all of the chefs were Japanese and no French chef yelling at anyone. I still feel bad for the chef in Singapore who almost burned the foie gras.

After being seated, we were greeted by our French server Sylvan. I make it a point to remember the names of our servers or sommeliers at every Robuchon restaurant. We met the sommelier from Las Vegas (Jonathan) in Singapore last year. We hope to see Sylvan again at another location someday.

Amuse Bouche
Pork Rillette Crostini

Le Jambon
Iberico de Bellota ham with toasted tomato bread

 I forgot what this was called. It was a grilled fish dish. I can't seem to find a description anywhere.

Le Boeuf
Wagyu ribeye with truffled mashed potatoes

Le Foie Gras de Canard
Foie gras with Parmesan Risotto

Caramelized pear with a cinnamon tart

La Tendance Chocolat
araguani chocolate ganache served with a cocoa sherbet covered with bitter biscuit powder

The sauteed foie gras with parmesan risotto was epic. Now I understand why this place is busy during lunch. This is THE dish to order. 

Next door to the restaurant is a small bakery called La Boutique where you can purchase pastries, teas, cookies and small desserts.

As we were leaving the restaurant, Sylvan walked out of the dining area to bid us farewell. He was an excellent server and we hope to see him again perhaps in Singapore or Hong Kong!

L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon
Roppongi 6-10-2, Roppongi Hills, Hillside 220
Tokyo, Japan

0 comments:

Post a Comment